Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Extended Warranties - Yay or Nay?
View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2011
PriceFord
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Ford ESP

Let me set some of the misinformation straight re: ESP

#1) DO NOT consider purchasing an ESP from anyone except the manufacturer... everything else is sponsored by a third party risk retention group and while they make a great brochure, they don't do so well paying claims - additionally, the coverage is questionable.

#2) The manufacturer certainly benefits when you buy an ESP - it ensures you are happy with your purchase in the long term and will be much more likely to purchase from them again. If you don't think it's a good idea to cover your purchase - look into cancelling your home owners insurance... that is also profitable for the insurance company... as is medical insurance, life insurance, and auto insurance.

#3) Modifications do not stop an ESP from providing coverage. Obviously, Ford will not cover a part that they didn't build nor will they cover a component that was damaged by an aftermarket component... but the burden of proof is on them, not you. Magnuson-Moss Warranty act determined this many years ago. Additionally, it is rarely the aftermarket component that causes an issue... it's either an owner that is making one extreme modification without the appropriate supporting modifications OR it's plain abuse (no oil changes - etc)

#4) Call me for pricing on an ESP backed by Ford on your Mustang and I will get you fantastic pricing that will make a lot more sense for coverage - honored at every Ford and Lincoln dealer in the US and Canada.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome