Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2012 shaker 500- Where to tap for subwoofer amp input?
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2011 Thread Starter
zimm17
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan View Post
I definitely appreciate the help/feedback here guys! My Eclipse amp does not have high level inputs, only the low level RCA's. I've installed my fair share of systems but never with the factory HU.

You said to use the speaker outputs from the factory amp. That would suggest I'm routing through the factory amp first and then through the Eclipse. That doesn't seem right to me. On the factory amp there are a pair of + & - inputs on the small connector. I want to take those and route them to my amp. Then I'll route speaker wires from the Eclipse to the speaker wires on the big factory amp connector, leaving the factory amp unplugged.

I was told those two wires (small connector) were actually low level inputs but everyone talks about using a LOC which would suggest otherwise, yes? But is it these two wires I'm referencing where they get their signal??

Thanks again guys!
You can try that for the low level side- see if it works.

You're right, with a high level input- the signal is passing through two amps. Not ideal, but it's just a subwoofer and without an aftermarket headunit your options are limited to avoid the factory signal processing.

'12 Kona Blue GT500 SVTPP/Electronics package

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome