I just did this mod and wanted to pass on how to do it. For the 2011 base V6 model (and probably all others) all you need is a 7mm nut driver and the SW6659 part from Motorcraft.
1. Locate the two 7mm hex nuts on the plastic panel under the steering column and remove both.
2. Carefully remove the plastic panel the nuts from step 1 were securing.
3. After the panel is removed locate the one 7mm hex nut to the left of the steering column that is securing the message center button and light switch housing. Remove the single 7mm nut and carefully remove the housing.
4. Unplug the wiring harness from the back of the light switch and locate the three tabs that secure the light switch in the housing. Push each tab in and remove the headlight switch.
5. Installation of the SW6659 is the reverse of removal of the stock part. Enjoy