Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Extended Warranties - Yay or Nay?
View Single Post
post #40 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2011 Thread Starter
ChiZ_65
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK50 View Post
My wife works at a dealership and she said the extended warranties save people all the time, but that's on Honda's. Not on a heavily modded Mustang.

Sooo... I did end up buying one and I'm now trying to decide if I should cancel it and get around $900 bucks back for more mods or just keep it for the possibility that it would come in handy later.

Your dealership should be on your side when they make claims for aftermarket warranties, but if they ever sent anyone out, i'd probably be denied.
Canceling the ESP to get cash back for mods was my original plan. Until they told me the refunded money would simply be credited to what i owe on the car, and not into my pocket.

So, if you got this baby paid off, I'd say go for it.

-2011 GT , 6AT, ROUSH TVS 2300 Phase 3 Supercharger w/ CAI, 82mm Pully, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo Cats., Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, Eibach Pro Suspension, J&M Panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BRENSPEED Tuned...(More in profile)
-1965 Fastback "A-Code" 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Ravin Exhaust..
-1970 BOSS 302 - Dearborn built, Numbers matching 302 engine bored .030 over and stroked to 331. Grabber Blue

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome