Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Extended Warranties - Yay or Nay?
View Single Post
post #49 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2011
jimmbbo
PONY Member

Generally, extended warranties are very profitable for the companies, hence the push to sell them whenever you buy an appliance or electronic device. They represent immediate profit directly to the bottom line with nearly no additional expense.

If an electronic component is gonna fail, it is highly likely that it will do so soon after being put in use, well within the "normal" warranty, while mechanical assemblies can take a while to fail..

I read on a consumer site that the only extended warranties that they recommended were for laptop computers that are used as they are intended, as traveling PCs, because of their relative fragility and likelihood of failure from normal use....

In the case of the 6MT Mustang, tho', while I love the car, I don't have a warm n fuzzy that it will be reliable beyond the standard warranty, so am seriously considering it if I can negotiate a good deal including routine maintenance... In the little research I have done to date, there is a LOT of room to negotiate on the web....

Jim

Murphy was an optimist.

2011 GT Premium, Sterling Gray, 401A, 6MT, 3.73, 19" Brembo, Nav, Security, HID, Rear video, Boss 302 mufflers, Raxiom smoked taillights

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome