Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Shaker 500 Talk
Thread: Shaker 500 Talk
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2011 Thread Starter
emilram11
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoT midlife CS View Post
I started by replacing my fronts with the C2's ...... they sound much better than the stock speakers, but will not solve the shaker 500's inadequacies to an audiophile. At a minimum, I would also suggest adding a subwoofer and amp in the trunck. This will create the greatest increase in depth to the audio experience. If this does not cure your itch, then you can put the C2's in the rear, put a better set of separates up front and add a second amp to run them.

Most people will tell you the JL's are over priced, this may be true, but my car sure sounds good to me. If you need any specific pointers on how to wire in the LOC's or anything else, feel free to PM me. I have all the wire color codes for what is what at the two factory amps.

Thanks for the info and offer on help. I may need it. I'm not a stereo expert but I love listening to music.

I don't want to get rid of my trunk space though. Really I'd like to pick a good to great setup inside the car. And if that can be done without swapping out the amps that would be cool too.

Do you think just doing the front door speakers with one of the ones I posted would be good? How much better if I do the rears replacement? I know a lot of folks said it wasn't worth it but its hard for me to imagine that replacing them wouldn't be better than stock. Not sure though...

DELIVERED: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, Kona Blue, Black Leather Interior, HIDs, 3.73, Security, 19 inch Painted Aluminum Rims - Roush: Front Valance, Front/Side Splitters

Washington State 5.0 Owner's Thread:

allfordmustangs.com/forums/west-coast/240489-official-washington-state-5-0-owners-thread.html

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome