Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Shaker 500 Talk
Thread: Shaker 500 Talk
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2011 Thread Starter
emilram11
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoT midlife CS View Post
The rear speakers in a car are really for nothing more than fill. you will get all your staging from the front, with good tweeters and all your depth from a sub. JL audio, as someone else mention, makes a stealth box for the coupes. It is very pricey, but makes awesome bass with minimal impact to space. Mustang - JL Audio

If you plan to stay with the factory amps, make sure you choose an efficient speaker. Choosing one rated for too much power will not perform as well with the factory amps. That is why i suggest the C2's. They work well with the factory power, and in a fully built system are good as rear fill speakers. So you can start with them up front, and if you expand they will work great in the rear.
Ok that's what I heard about the rears. So you recommend just leaving those in then? I don't want to buy amps are anything to run extra speakers off of.

You are right that stealth box is cool but spendy! 700 clams?!

I'm leaning towards the C2's now. People seem to love them. What do you think about the Pioneer's I posted? Do you have any other speaker recommendations?

All in all if the only thing I do is replace the front speakers you think it will sound good?

DELIVERED: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, Kona Blue, Black Leather Interior, HIDs, 3.73, Security, 19 inch Painted Aluminum Rims - Roush: Front Valance, Front/Side Splitters

Washington State 5.0 Owner's Thread:

allfordmustangs.com/forums/west-coast/240489-official-washington-state-5-0-owners-thread.html

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome