Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Help - my stereo is disappointing in 2012 Mustang CS
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2011 Thread Starter
gerryyf
PONY Member

Help - my stereo is disappointing in 2012 Mustang CS

Well, my 2012 CS convertible finally arrived and it is a beaut!!! The only disappointment thus far appears to be the stereo. When you turn up the volume past half there is considerable distortion which is not cool. I had considered upgrading to the Shaker 1000 but decided against it after reading some of the posts in this forum. Unfortunately, my system does not appear to have sufficient power to play tunes at a reasonable level when riding with the top down. So, my questions are: (1) could I get a Ford upgrade to the Shaker 1000 now and is it much better, or (2) can I get an aftermarket amp which would boost the power and give the system a much purer sound. If I could do it over again I would have paid the $1,000 for the upgrade, but, looking for some solutions now. Thanks.

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome