Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - JL Audio Stealthbox (or similar) and Coastal Tech SYNC Lockpick
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2012
GoT midlife CS
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Typically you would want to fire the subs to the rear first, down second, to the side third, and lastly up or towards the front, but you already know this. The shaker 1000 fires it's subs in the same configuration as the stealthbox (to the side). I think the more important thing is having a clean signal, good power, and a properly designed box. These factors will play a much greater role in the sub sound quality. Sounds like you are gonna get the right parts, so firing to the side will not be an issue for you. I have 2 - 12W3's in the trunk of my vert, facing the rear .... needless to say, there is very little space in there for anything else. If stealth box comes out with a unit for the new verts, i will probably pick one up, everyone i've ever heard sound great.

I also have the lockpick you reference, it will connect to the existing camera, and also allows you to add an additional one. I do not have a camera on my car yet, but may consider one soon. I have not been able to type in the navi with the car moving, i think i may have a setting wrong, but it is not a feature i cared about. It will definitely play movies while in motion. I have not noticed any other drawbacks or differences to the rest of the normal factory operations.

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome