Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Replacing Shaker 500 Speakers in a 2010/2011 Mustang?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2012
Bama5.0
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoT midlife CS View Post
I originally built my system using the CL-SSi interface, which sounded awesome, but after a month or so, it started having problems, certain chanels wouldn't turn on, and the bass signal would go through the roof. Don't know if it was just a bad unit or if it didn't like the way i had it wired ....... I ended up replacing it with a pair of AudioControl LC2i locs. One taps the sub signal from the amp in the drivers front kick panel, and the other taps the front channel speaker outputs from the amp in the trunk (this one is needed to maintain navi voice and phone. I run the rears off factory power so i didn't need to tap them, although i did with the CL-SSi. The AudioControl LC2i's work great, not quite as clean and pure as the CL-SSi, but still very high quality. This approach will work great for you to start by just adding the subwoofer and amp first, and then doing the rest down the road.

Good Luck. Oh, and i have all the wire colors somewhere if you need that for tapping the factory amps.
Awesome! Thanks a lot. I asked that again in the other thread that I started. That helps a lot. I was looking at the AudioControl units on Crutchfield. They seem to be a much better option than one of the little $20 Scoshe line converters. Once I get all the components, I'll probably ask for the wiring diagram (or whatever you have). I'm sure I could hunt it all down, but it would be time consuming.

2011 Mustang GT - Kona Blue, 6MT, Brembos, 3.73s, Everything but auto & glass roof.
BMR Springs, K&N Drop-in, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome