View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2012
GoT midlife CS
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilram11 View Post
Ok going to install the JL C2's this weekend. What do I do with the metra harness?

Sorry-- non-stereo guy here

After you remove the entire door panels and take out the stock 5x7 speakers there will be a small two wire harness connected to the stock speaker. Remove that harness and throw away the stock speaker. The metra harness will then plug in to the stock one just removed from the speaker. The other end of the harness has two connectors which will connect to the new C2. The larger plugs onto the + terminal and the smaller to the - terminal on the C2. After connecting install the c2 in the factory speaker location and then re-install the door panel. The most difficult part will be the removal of the door panel (Which honestly is just a matter of finding and removing all of the screws). You will need a torx bit, i think it's a t-30, but it's been a while. I'm sure the link explains all of that. If this is something you have never done before, follow the link provided earlier in this thread and take your time. Trying to force the door panel can be a costly mistake.

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome