Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - This is the stereo system I have put together, what do you think?
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2012
GoT midlife CS
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Hey fake, one thing to consider is your choice of a 4 ohm sub. I have two of those 4 ohm 12W3's wired in parallel so the amp sees 2 ohms (mine is an XD 1000/1). Most of your mono amps indicate max power at 2 ohms, so i would look closely at your amp, but my guess is that with the sub you have chosen the amp will put out 250 watts. This is plenty for most, but if you are looking for serious bass, you may find that under powered. I agree that the JL XD700/5 amp is a fantastic choice, but i would definitely use a 12w3 rated at 2 ohms with that set-up.

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome