View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2012
GoT midlife CS
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKJR View Post
A question with the line out converters... I need to get two of them right and then tap into the left and right sides and just run the corresponding rca's back to the trunk right? I also have changed my mind and bought two 10's. With me now running two subs will that change anything with the install and running wires?
If you are only amplifying the subs, and leaving the other four speakers running off the shaker system, then you only need one line convertor. The LC2i has 4 speaker level inputs, +/- right, and +/- left. Remeber, you only need to tap signal from one voice coil of each of the front subs. The LC2i also has two sets of RCA outputs, but you will only use the subwoofer set to feed the rca cable to the sub amp.

As far as your choice of 2 subs, what impedence are they, and are you planning to bridge a 2-CHANNEL AMP, or use a MONO BLOCK AMP? This will make a difference on how you wire your subs?

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome