View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2012
GoT midlife CS
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKJR View Post
I actually never did state it but he's correct. I'm guessing he guessed what I bought. It's a cheap mtx combo system that I used with gift cards I got from christmas. I basically paid 10 bucks for the whole system and wiring kit. Here is what the description from the amp says. Also if I need to find a 12v turn on I may just go with a LOC because I have no idea.

about the amp:
The 800 watt high powered mono block amp is perfectly matched to this enclosure and has both high and low level inputs with a built in crossover and bass boost. With the variable crossover and bass boost options, this subwoofer/amplifier package lets you customize the bass response to your vehicle. It also has 3-way Protection circuitry (Short/Thermal/Overload) which makes this amplifier virtually impossible to blow.
That's good to know, and since you will already be wiring the amp thru the fire wall to get power from the battery, running a remote turn on thru there will be alot easier than wiring in a LOC, the only potential issue, is that your amp will turn on at all times when the car is on. There are several switched power circuits in the main panel there under the hood. If you want any specific locations or wire colors for the rear speakers you will need to tap i can look that up when i get home, just let me know.

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome