Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Help/ideas request on Adding Sirius Starmate 8 to base model 12 V6e
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2012 Thread Starter
Base12
Rookie

Help/ideas request on Adding Sirius Starmate 8 to base model 12 V6e

Bought a 2012 base model V6. Not sure what they call the base model radio? What brand is it?

Anyways, bought a Sirius Starmate8 car kit and boom box combo. Really wanted to get a Sirius radio in the garage too, or out in the barn and this portable boom box has a dock for the Starmate 8. Already activated the radio docked in the boombox.

I found a YouTube video tutorial on installing a Starmate in a center console of a 2011 Mustang. Not too bad of a task-putting the mag antenna on the roof and routing it through the truck etc. Since the 2012 V6 has a Siruis Ready radio (Has AUX and Sirius buttons) I could easily just wire it up into the Aux-in, and stash the head in the center console. Not ideal though.

Questions are please:

Is it possible to interface this Starmate8 with the Base Model "Sirius Ready" radio so that I could control it from the car's radio? If so-man that would be cool. Willing to take the car to an audio shop for a custom & clean install-but before I go that far I would like to know if it is possible to get the base radio and Starmate8 head talking to each other.

Thanks for any insight.

First post too.

RL

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome