Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2012 V6 Mustang Top Speed
View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2012
diver88
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
You guys are all assuming that the speedometer is reading correctly, THEY DON'T.

The higher the speed the more the inaccuracy.

yea, I figured that.. I think on one burst I was surprised that I hit 120mph so quickly and later I read where the speed was limited to 113-115 and was wondering why I didn't hit a limiter.... I have the 245/45/19 tires on mine so I thought my speedo would register a little slow and according to my GPS it's about 1-2 mph slow at 65 or so.

I bought mine new and the only folks that's flashed my computer is my Ford Service Director buddy from high school "reflashed" the computer because of an issue I had early on, I wonder if
1. the "reflash" did something to the limiter?
2. since my car came with the 235/50/18s P-Zeros the limiter is higher?
3. the speedo is just off that much at that speed? (my dad used to "say there's nothing faster than a Ford with a jacked up speedometer")
4. I was so exited I didn't look at the speedo correctly?
:?::?:

also my Chevy C1500 has a limiter at 100mph, when you hit a hair over 100 it feels like someone turns off the ignition, is that the way the limiter feels on these cars?

2011 V6 Premium ,Grabber Blue/White Stripes/Charcoal Black, Auto/2.73, 202A Pony Package, Comfort Package.

Mods, Factory Engine Cover, Ford Strut Tower Brace, 19" Painted Aluminum Wheels/245-45-19 P-Zeros, Wheel Locks, Ford Accessory Alarm, Ford All-Weather Mats, window tint, spare tire/jack, cam cap mod.
on deck... Polk Audio db571 X 4 speakers & baffles

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome