Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Those of you with subs in the trunk.
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2012
GoT midlife CS
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
I hear ya.. The only things that seem to vibrate right now is my rear view mirror and the trunk lid. If I push on the trunk lid, the vibrating sound stops. sonicelectronix has a 9.99 dynamat kit for the license plate. lol.

I'm just wondering if doing the top trunk lid will be enough since the vibrating stops when I push down on it?

Dynamat Sound Dampening | Car Speaker Installation & Accessories | Car Audio/Video Installation & Accessories | Car Audio, Video & GPS at Sonic Electronix
Hey Guys, chasing those rattles can take alot of trial and error. I have dyno matted the entire bottom and back (interior and exterior of where the tailights go), top of the trunk lid, removed my rear bumper and done along those edges, and I still am getting rattle from the tail lights and even more from the pedastal spoiler. I think I have spent close to $500 in dynomat.

Goodluck, let me know if you find a better way to keep those tail lights from making noise, perhaps using some kind of a foam would be better.

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome