Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Auto Headlights Option (after the fact) for my 2011 Mustang V6 Premium?
View Single Post
post #56 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2012
12tang
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelman79 View Post
I just did this mod and wanted to pass on how to do it. For the 2011 base V6 model (and probably all others) all you need is a 7mm nut driver and the SW6659 part from Motorcraft.

1. Locate the two 7mm hex nuts on the plastic panel under the steering column and remove both.

2. Carefully remove the plastic panel the nuts from step 1 were securing.

3. After the panel is removed locate the one 7mm hex nut to the left of the steering column that is securing the message center button and light switch housing. Remove the single 7mm nut and carefully remove the housing.

4. Unplug the wiring harness from the back of the light switch and locate the three tabs that secure the light switch in the housing. Push each tab in and remove the headlight switch.

5. Installation of the SW6659 is the reverse of removal of the stock part. Enjoy
I just installed mine an hour ago and it didn't require any tools. The panel around the switch pops out. All you need to do is apply slight pressure to all corners and it will come out. Unplug the wire harness, remove switch via tabs and pop new one in. That easy...

2012 Kona Blue 3.7L - 6MT - 2.73 - Reverse Sensing/Security Package - Airaid CAI - SCT Tuner w/stock tune - FRPP Sport Axleback - GT Premium Steering Wheel - JLT Oil Separator

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome