View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2012
GoT midlife CS
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97tbird View Post
That is what I thought also. I was talking with a guy on the phone from audiocontrol he told me that the lcq1 does not have a crossover built into it. I would have to use a separate one or the one built into the amp. I would have to do that if I summed the channels. The sub output would be used if I sent the factory sub signal into it. That signal is already crossed over. I would use the same crossover settings the factory speakers are at which are not optimal. If I summed them I would use the full range out and split it again with a crossover. At least that was my understanding from talking to them. They also think I should try keeping the factory signals separate first. As it would be easy to later sum them. Since it would just be changes on the lcq1 and all the wiring would already be there. But I don't know yet.

The 8w7 would be getting 300rms from the bridged back channels of my amp the spz60s will be getting 150rms each. The jl 600/4 puts out the same power as long as the impedance is not below 1.5 and I forgot the top number. By bridging the two channels for the sub it would see 300 at the 3ohms for the sub.

I am just looking for a sq system that will have a little bit more volume then the factory one. Clarity is paramount for me. If I am incorrect in my thinking please let me know I need all the help I can get with this one. It's not like my other vehicles where I could just rip everything out and use aftermarket everything. Thanks.

Correct, but the summing only affects the "MAIN" channel (channel 1 or the front channel). So in summing mode of the front and rear channels, the sub channel RCA output will still only be the low pass signal, and won't need to be crossed. See the diagram on page 8 of the link below. The 600/4 amp should have a low pass cross to keep the deepest of the bass away from the front 5x7's. I am not sure what you don't think you will be able to do with this set-up.

http://rs.audiocontrol.com/company_38//OM_LCQ-1.pdf

I am only a half hour away from you, if you want to check out the way my system works with 2 LC2i's, I can meet you anywhere between frederick and Baltimore, just let me know.

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome