View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2012
GoT midlife CS
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany View Post
I'd like to see your mix reviews?? I hate people posting comments on subjects they may not have any background on. And if they do they need give alittle more explanation what they are talking about.

Almost all high end car audio do some form auto correction for the car environment . This is the same auto correction in your home theater receivers. You ever try a before and after with a home theater receiver's with this functionality? JBL system has a microphone and takes levels all are frequencies for all speakers and then auto corrects for them. Both for time delays and frequency response levels. For the extra money I do it in a heart beat. I don't know anyone who questions these corrections themselves. Unless you plan on getting an expense EQ and doing the auto correction yourself.. ie.. going frequency by frequency for correction, it wont sounds as good.

The only issues I read with JBL is that the interface isn't the best but still have most functionality and works the best. Other options would be more basic Rockford 360.2, or more basic Alpine Imprint.
Chris,

I agree with you 100%. I have no experience with the MS-8 and likewise gave no opinion. However I do have thoughts on the issue. You can probably tell from my signature that the cost difference to go with a product like the MS-8 is not the deterring factor to me. It is more that the acoustics in my convertible are, what is fair here, somewhat less than optimal. Between the massive amounts of exhaust, wind, and road noise, and the lack of reflective surfaces to create any real staging, I opted to stick to a bit more of the down and dirty get it to the amp, power it up, send it to some decent speakers, and crank it up approach. :laughlitt

I would be interested in seeing a wiring diagram for how this type of system could be intigrated into my car in place of my LOC's. If it is very easy to integrate from a wiring standpoint given my current set-up, I might just give it a try and let you know my thoughts on it. I just fear that alot of the accoustical advantages will be lost or at least lessoned given the sound stage it's being installed in.

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome