Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Someone who knows about sound system upgrades...
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2012
chrisfromalbany
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbull271 View Post
Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the box and amp in the trunk? also ar ethey 10s or 12s? And where did youu buy them from?

I ask because i just purchased a 2012 GT coupe just this past week, and have the shaker500 and im looking to upgrade the sound system. I am used to having the shaker 1000. I was just thinking about putting in a box in the trunk with a pair of 10s and an amp.

I was planning on going to Best Buy, and also have them do the install as well

Here is a link to my thread (with pix of my new pony) that i posted a few days ago

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...me-advice.html

Thanks
To bad didn't go with BB this Christmas when they given away an en-closer w/ purchase of a woofer. Two 10's with port design would work well & fit. I see if you can buy the amp or the amp kit yourself because that how they get you, over charging for average amp and wiring kit. Also just to mention, I wouldn't do all they without replacing the stock speakers. When I first heard shaker 1000 I liked the bass but found mid soooo muddy, it wasn't funny.

2011 GT Coupe Premium | MT6 | 3.73's | Security Pkg | BREMBO | Comfort
Installed JLT oil catch can, Tint, Beltronics RX45/shifters

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome