Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2005 Shaker 500 Metra Pin location Question, Please Help
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2012 Thread Starter
Turbo306
Rookie

2005 Shaker 500 Metra Pin location Question, Please Help

Hello all… Getting ready to install an after market double din DVD player in my 05 Saleen (With the shaker 500).. Few Questions.. I actually had a deck and alarm installed and the installer told me that the Metra harness (The standard Ford 03 + ... 70-5521) was pinned incorrectly… This was on the small plug for the amp output, where the RCA’s from the radio go (as well as the 2 amp turn on leads).. he told me that he has not seen a Metra harness that is correct… He also said if I would have installed it (Like I was going to do) I would have burned up my amp… I personally think he didn’t know what he was talking about… but to be sure, does any one have access to the ford pin locations and where they should go on the Metra harness?.. Seems like 1000s+ people have installed these why would I have gotten the wrong one???…

He also didn’t have the tool to re pin the stereo so he left the small plug unplugged????.. he said everything was working (Fade/subs etc).. I endend up pulling that deck out and putting the stock Shaker head unit back in..

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome