Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New Mid muffler idea: Check it out.
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2012
NickSezz
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYeti View Post
believe it or not...but I feel that my Roush ABs could use some more. Its loud on startup but once I shift out of Park it tones down. I am interested to see what the O/R X and Roush will sound like....if its too loud, I got the stock mufflers to put back on
I definitely agree with axle backs needing a bid more. IMHO, I think the best sounds come from a complete cat-back system. The reason I went with the off road pipe was for the added power. I stacked the off road H up with the GT500 mufflers and factory resonators to help control the sound. The combination is good, but it is still very loud at WOT. It either has to grow on me or I need to hear what other people are hearing when I drive by them. If it sounds awesome, it will stay because the sound is completely controllable by my right foot. There is no drone and the car is quiet when cruising on the highway. If you want to sit in neutral and rev the car, you are going to just make people near by angry. lol

Base 2012 GT Kona Blue/Charcoal 6MT

Ford Racing 2.3 Whipple 3.25 Pulley (10psi), JLT 123 CAI, Kooks Super Street Headers, GT500 Cans, O/R H, JDM 93 Tune, JLT Can, Roush E Springs w/ Strange 10 Ways, Steeda K-Member Brace, J&M Panhard + LCAs, Whiteline Relos, Brembos and the very first modded Whiteline trans bushing. 592whp/500wtq

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome