Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Blacking Out Your Mustang
View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2012
steviedon
PONY Member

OP- I really don't get the point, with the exception of the extremes........ poorly thought/executed out blackout jobs, or slapping on all the tape on chrome parts that are available. I'm only 30, but I'm old school as well. I love me some chromed out 34 Buick just as much as a blacked out mustang. The resale thing is kind of silly, not to diss ford or american cars in general, but IF I was in a car purely as a mode of transport and had hopes of reselling/trading at a fair recovery, I'd have bought a honda/acura/toyota. In my general observations, mustang owners have some pretty good taste from the pics I've seen here, couple that with the vast number of options in the aftermarket world, a cohesive cosmetically pleasing look is pretty easy to put together. I'd say a poor looker on this forum is probably 1/50, or maybe 1/100. FWIW IMO, I have always thought the performance white brembo cars are pretty sweet looking in stock trim.

2012 Kona Blue 3.7 MT82
Airaid CAI, Flowmaster A-back, BBK ceramic shorties, black enkei raijin 18x8.5, Steeda ultralites/pro action dampers, whiteline PHB & brace
RJW Aggressor matte black stripes, GT bumper/CS valance/Saleen grille, AM black shift knob

It is only rarely that one can see in a little boy the promise of a man, but one can almost always see in a little girl the threat of a woman. ~Alexandre Dumas

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome