View Single Post
post #38 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2012
OAC_Sparky
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
Anyone notice that folks from Ontario drive I81, I77 and I95 faster than most? Maybe they think they can get out of paying a ticket from a sate in a foreign country. Maybe that's why the cop cited the old man for a more severe infraction.
Actually, it's pretty common knowledge here that there is a reciprocal agreement that tickets and points in either country are applied where you're at. We say the same things about Americans with MI and NY plates that blow down the 401 at 40kmh over the limit. The Provincial Police loves those guys.

If a cop on either side of the border throws a hefty ticket, it's got less to do with "teaching them a lesson" it has more to do with the fact that you're less likely to make a second (or third) trip to the court in the locale that the offense occured to defend yourself. And because the fine carries over to the offender's license then most people just pay the fine. Bonus for the cop; they get to write a ticket, get a big gold star on their forehead and not have to be a witness in court. Slam dunk.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin
2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Roush Phase 2 625HP Supercharger | Black OTT Stripe | 400A | 5.0L | 6MT | 3.55 | HID | SP | CP | BBP | EP | RVC
Mods: Forget it .... too much to list!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome