View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2012
OAC_Sparky
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
I don't know how "common" that knowledge of that is. Maybe we'll find out if the old man knew.

I used to travel in Canada a lot when I lived in upstate NY and I always kept a sharp eye on my speed, especially when in a predominantly French-speaking area.
I meant it's common knowledge to the cops.

But you reminded me of an example of the "screw the out of towner" thing. About 13 years back I got a ticket outside of Montreal coming back from a funeral, it was my father-in-law and me in a hot-rod Windstar minivan. </sarcasm> THe PPQ officer had to slolam through 10 of us travelling at the same speed to give me a 22kmh (13.75mph) over ticket. The whole group of us had been travelling for about the last 1/2 hour in a pack and I was in the middle; I'll swear til my deathbed that it's because I was the only one with Ontario plates and the rest were Quebec.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin
2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Roush Phase 2 625HP Supercharger | Black OTT Stripe | 400A | 5.0L | 6MT | 3.55 | HID | SP | CP | BBP | EP | RVC
Mods: Forget it .... too much to list!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome