Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - When Is Ford Going To Step Up
View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2012
stuabroad
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by geardriven View Post
Is Ford going to investigate or do anything about the V6 driveshaft failures?

They sell the performance upgrades Ford Racing 3.73/4.10 and so on that's increasing the driveshat RPM and causing the failure.
So excuse my confusion here. This thread started off with the above quote which linked DS failure rates to those imposing a load on that part by adding after market 'performance upgrades' for which the part was not designed. Specifically 3.73 / 4/.10 gearing.

The thread then morphed into a discussion about km/mph top speeds as being the issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA2011 View Post
But clearly from this ^ post you affirm that you are talking about about driving at racing speed, legally or not.

And if you ... are going to drive your car at excessive speed and beyond its design limits, then safety is YOUR responsibility.
As someone who's about to drop in 3.73 gears this weekend and aware that you need to be careful about any upgraded part's dependencies...should i be expecting to kill myself shortly or should i go buy a new DS? I have no intention on driving through town at 130mph and most of my time i'll be non-highway.

Plain English please, cheers.

2011 V6 Prem Conv (black) | saddle Leather | Eibach springs | |SHR Fuel Door |CPC GPS Antennae Cover | C&L CAI | BAMA 91R tune | 3.73 gears | Steeda u/l ca | Roush: full front fascia w/fog-lamps |7-bar upper grille | lower grille | front + side splitters | 20 wheels/CooperZeon RS3 | Misc interior mods| 35% tint

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome