Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Cold Air Intakes, C&L vs Airaid
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2012
mtu245
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Your going to get a lot of suggestions. I haven't tried multiple ones on my car. I just put on the Airaid 2 weeks ago, and i'm not going to take it off to try another brand. Especially, because it was such a tight fit to put on the car.

Seriously, though you can twinkle around research and get a million answers. Just pick the one you like sound wise and cosmetically, because they are about the same gains.

Airaid, I find has more of a deep air suction noise when you initially gas it (not really a whistle). I can't hear it from inside the cabin when i'm driving though (maybe other drivers can). I can hear it when i'm outside the vehicle and my friend hits the gas or if my window is down and I rev. Otherwise, its just burble/growl at 2500 rpm's and higher. I notice it a lot more in 2-4 gears.

Airaid has great quality feel to their CAI. When you put it on, you know it's a solid product. It's a tight fit, and you know nothing is lose or moving around.

I was going to buy BBK, just because it had some blue on it. But when I went into my shop they had the Airaid in stock and I said f*ck it. It's been awesome though! 93 Hybrid Tune has been working amazing from BAMA too...goodluck my pick is Airaid

2011 Kona Blue MT82 V6 Mustang Pony Package 3:31 Gear Ratio, Interior Upgrade Pkg, Security & Shaker500/Sync
Mods (in order of installed): AM Bama SCT SF3 Tuner w/ 87 Hybrid Tune, Airaid CAI, Hurst Billet Plus 2 Short Throw Shifter, Lethal O/R H Pipe w/ Stock Exhaust, Blacked-Out Tints on Rear Windows, Full Ceramic Tint on Front Windows, Metra Touchscreen Dash Adaptor, Single DIN Head Unit, 6.5'' Component Speakers Fronts, Stock Rear Speakers, 10'' Sealed Subwoofer, 4ch. and 1ch Amplifier. LED licence plate lights, LED interior dome lights, FRPP/Dynamic shocks and struts, SR Performance lowering springs, GT500 Strut Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR LCA's, BMR Relocation Brackets. Rear Seat Delete.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome