Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Time to bleed clutch on 12' GT
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2012 Thread Starter
UNGELDEDPONY
Apprentice

Time to bleed clutch on 12' GT

I dropped my Mustang off at my dealer cause I was having the 1-2 hard shift issues and my clutch pedal stuck on a couple of high rpm shifts. Originally I was gonna drop it off on Thurs but the service manager said it would be better to bring it on Mon. I found no issues with that and agreed. I dropped it off [email protected] and got a rental from them cause he said it would prob take atleast a couple days with the transmission issues. I called on Tues at 1p and was told the service rep I was dealing with was at lunch. I get a call at 315p from him saying my car was ready to be picked up. I saw no issue and figured maybe they had to replace the clutch or something significant in order to have my car for about 16hrs and charge me for a rental for 2 days. I get there and I was told by the serv. manager "Your tranny is fine its normal for mustangs to shift like that. You had air in your clutch lines so we bled it." I'm a slightly miffed by the whole thing cause they seemed somewhat dismissive about the tranny issues and I see no reason to have a car for 2days to bleed a clutch. So what is a reasonable time to have a car to perform this? I would figure 1-2hrs for diagnosis and 1hr tops to actually bleed the clutch. Is that unreasonable? It prob wouldnt be an issue if I didnt have to pay for a rental car. But when I buy a brand new $30,000 vehicle I dont expect to have to pay for repairs or alternate transportation. I'm asking cause I got the customer satisfaction email from ford about my experience and didnt want to blast them unnecessarily. Thanks guys!!

2012 Mustang GT Coupe MT Black on Black.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome