Ford Mustang Forum banner

Anybody with a 1998 mustang gt? help!

10K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  jeffv333 
#1 ·
i need the wiring for o2 sensor from the engine bay to the o2 sensor. Example....

Yellow/Light Blue----Gray
Red/Black----Black,

I need the front driver side colors, the harness from my o2 sensor split from the harness of the wires running to the engine bay, so all i got now is 2 sides of stripped wires. I need to know which one connects to what?

#2 ·
oh and if someone can take a picture of the passenger fender side, I need to know what components go in there, I know when I had crashed the Conrtol Vent Solenoid came off, and I didnt have it on the car, but I bought a new one, I am getting codes P1451. I dont know if I am missing another part there or something....

#4 ·
jeffv333:

Pics uploaded. LMK if you need some other angles, lol.

Chris

Attachments

#5 ·
I have the wiring diagrams from the Haynes manual, but the problem is that it doesnt show which wire represents what, I know they have the heating element symbol but one is ground and one is power for the Heater Wires, and the other one is the power signal and ground signal, I need to know which are which...if I can see someones picture of the oxygen wires connecting to the harness of the engine bay wires then I can go off of that.

Thank you though. :)

#6 ·
Great pics NY, but thats the purge solenoid, I wanna see the control vent solenoid. And if possible the front left o2 sensor. Thank you for the pics though. At least I can verify the purge solenoid.

#8 ·
... but thats the purge solenoid, I wanna see the control vent solenoid.
jeffv333:

I is cornfused :?: What's the control vent solenoid?

Chris

#7 ·
jeffv333:

Couple of pics that may help, part no. & wires from the connector.

Looking at the wires as they come out of the connector, we see:
Two white wires on the side with the latch lump.
Grey wire on left top hole of connector (relative to latch on bottom of connector).
Black wire on right top hole of connector (relative to latch on bottom of connector).

According to Fig. 4.8 on page 6-12 and looking into the connector with the latch lump on the top:

**GND is white wire at 10 o'clock (white wire above the grey wire) and the small tab on the connector body is at 9 o'clock;
**B+volt is white wire at 2 o'clock (white wire above the black wire) and the small tab on the connector body is at 2 o'clock, too;
**SIG is grey wire at 8 o'clock and the small tab on the connector is at 9 o'clock;
**HTD GND is the black wire at 4 o'clock

I won't get under my car until this weekend. I can snap some more pics then, if it would help.

Chris

Attachments

#9 ·
awesome NG, i see the gray wire and black, and the two white heater wires, now i need the one from the engine bay harness, its the left front one driver side, and the control vent solenoid is by the fender on the passenger side, I dont think you should take a pic of it cause you have to take off the wheel well, but if you open the door, you can see the inside of the fender and it should show the components hidden in there. Thanks so much you been lots of help!!!

#11 ·
jeffv333:

Thanks for the pic. I'll look around for it, lol, and post some pics. I know there is some stuff behind the hinges but I have not had any reason to investigate over the years.

Pics will be posted after work.

Chris

#12 ·
jeffv333:

Sorry for being a day late with the pictures. I couldn't get a good shot but the purge solenoid hose connects to the top of the canister nearest to the fender/door opening.

HTH,

Chris

Attachments

#13 ·
Its ok NG, I just took it to the shop to get it done, apperently i was missing 2 pieces, a harness connector and alot of hoses haha. It would be really hard for me to connect everything since i dont know how the set up goes but its ok, I am having my 911 mechanic do it lol. THanks though.

#14 ·
jeffv333:

As Kenny Rogers used to croon, you gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.

Please post an update (with, we hope, good news).

Chris

#15 ·
Car runs great now, all pieces are on there now, just runnin lean on bank 1. Just gotta fix that then i can register my car :) oh yeah!

Thanks everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.