Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Shaker 500 system ?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2012 Thread Starter
BLK 5.0
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndeadline View Post
$150.00 for the Audio control unit and you will be able to hook up a dedicated sub amp and a four channel amp for the rest of the speakers with zero issues. The unit also senses power to the speakers and has a remote on for the amps. Run your 12+ power from the battery, find a good ground in the trunk and go from there.
After some research today I have found out the ACM (audio control module) has the extra sub ports used for the trunk subs on the Shaker 1000 system. I have also found out that the said sub ports are inactive on the shaker 500 system. So are you saying that a new ACM with the shaker 1000 ports activated costs $150, or it would cost $150 to have a dealer activate the sub ports on the ACM that I already have in the car?

Thanks for the info.

2011 GT Coupe Premium, Black exterior with Charcoal black turned leather interior. Rapid spec 400A with 6-speed MT, 3.73 limited slip axle, 19" painted aluminum wheels, HID headlamps, comfort package. FRPP tune with K&N air filter. FRPP Touring axle back exhaust with Borla 2 3/4" over axle pipes. ST Suspensions coilovers w/GT500 mounts. Spohn poly/del sphere adjustable lower control arms and Spohn adjustable panhard bar with Steeda panhard bar brace. Hotchkis Sport sway bars.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome