Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Shaker 1000
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2012 Thread Starter
bigbird
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
I was not impressed with the bass in my 2012 GT/CS so I decided to upgrade with a mono 600 watt amp. First thing I did was remove the sub box from the trunk. Having previously owned a 2005 GT with the shaker 1000, I was surprised at how light this enclosure was. I had upgraded the 2005 with a JL woofer and some big amps, and I still had the '05 sub box. I removed the 10" drivers from both boxes. Man did Ford ever cheap out on the new system. The old drivers have huge stacked magnets and large vented voice coils, much larger than the new ones. I installed the '05 drivers into the 2012 box and put it back in the car - huge improvement. Another change is the '05 had 4 power amps driving the subs, the 2012 has only one, same size as one of the old amps. I still want to install a better power amp. I have a 500 Watt RMS mono amp that accepts speaker level inputs. Does anyone know what the pin outs are for the 2011/2012 shaker 1000?
That's the plan, along with a device that provides the remote turn on by sensing audio output. ie: a PAC TR-4

2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniversary, Ruby Red coupe. Staggered fit 19 inch wheels from American Muscle. Front tires are Sumitomo 245/45 19, rears are Sumitomo 275/40 19. Sound tube deleted, resonator deleted, replaced with h-pipe, Bama tune, custom sub woofer with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 10 inch subwoofer driven by and Alpine MRV 500M mono power amp. Replaced Sync 2 with Sync 3.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome