Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Is it possible to run long tube headers without a new tune?
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2012 Thread Starter
cpembach1
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
Thanks for the feedback, you will have to PM me when you find a mod friendly emissions shop.

Without a doubt a custom dyno tune will net you the better results but the bama 93R tunes are pretty darn good and I dont think you will "seat of your pants" feel the difference between it and a custom dyno tune. I believe for simple bolt on's, a reputible email tuner will be sufficient and tunes for life goes a long way when your still making modifications to your car. I would reserve that custom tune for A. when I start making more involved modifications or B. When I'm finnished making mods and want to in turn squeak out every last bit of HP/TQ.

With the above said, just be sure to get some datalogs to send back to BAMA, even better, take it over to Gear Heads and have them dyno and datalog it and ship the information over to BAMA for you. 3 pulls for around $70 and they have a unofficial working relationship with Bama.

Congrats on the upgrades!!!
Awesome! Will do, and thanks for the help mate.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome