Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Kicker factory audio Sub upgrade
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2012
Nightmare37
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
I bought the subs for my Shaker 500 system, ended up returning them. The way they're wired into the amps, they only use half the available power. You can barely hear them at all. They're definitely quality drivers, but you really need to use them with aftermarket amps to make it worth it. With the factory Shaker amps, they're a big downgrade over the stock subs.

Also, the bezels are pretty ugly and don't match the aesthetics of the '10+ interior, if that matters to you. If they sounded good with the stock amps, I probably could have overlooked that though.
Did you have the 10" shelby/kicker trunk sub? It sounds like you only had the door woofers and didn't use the kicker amp meant for the kit. It's kind of the equivalent to buying a turbo and leaving out the wastegate spring, yeah you have a turbo but nothing is spooling it.

The factory 8" woofers do have a dual set of wires going to them, and the shelby/kickers only use one set if you use it with the stock amp...

166,xxx miles
2011 3.7L MT82 Kona Blue GT/CS Pedestal Spoiler, Cervini's HE hood, Stillen chin spoiler, BBK headers, GT T/B, Steeda tune, Ram 9.5 Dual Disc clutch, 3.15 axle T2R Torsen, 285/35/18 w/ Steeda 18"x 9.5"+44mm Q1s, Steeda Sports springs/Koni struts/Viking shocks, Shelby adj front sway bar, Boss302 Rear sway bar, Whiteline Watts Link, 14" "Brembo-ish" brakes and 3/4" front wheel spacers/ARP studs.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome