Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Kicker factory audio Sub upgrade
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2012
BLK 5.0
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
I bought the subs for my Shaker 500 system, ended up returning them. The way they're wired into the amps, they only use half the available power. You can barely hear them at all. They're definitely quality drivers, but you really need to use them with aftermarket amps to make it worth it. With the factory Shaker amps, they're a big downgrade over the stock subs.

Also, the bezels are pretty ugly and don't match the aesthetics of the '10+ interior, if that matters to you. If they sounded good with the stock amps, I probably could have overlooked that though.
What year car do you have? Do you have the sub amps in the door or the later style just above the steering column. I have a shaker 500 system with the later build in a 2011 and installed the shelby (kicker ) door subs and they are quite the upgrade to the stock OEM junk.

I have to agree with your assessment of the sub bezels though, but for me its not a deal breaker.

2011 GT Coupe Premium, Black exterior with Charcoal black turned leather interior. Rapid spec 400A with 6-speed MT, 3.73 limited slip axle, 19" painted aluminum wheels, HID headlamps, comfort package. FRPP tune with K&N air filter. FRPP Touring axle back exhaust with Borla 2 3/4" over axle pipes. ST Suspensions coilovers w/GT500 mounts. Spohn poly/del sphere adjustable lower control arms and Spohn adjustable panhard bar with Steeda panhard bar brace. Hotchkis Sport sway bars.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome