Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - My 2011 GT interior stripped down for stereo install
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2012
dchap15
Apprentice

Audio Experts - anyone put a Sub in the car ?

In the process of upgrading the sound system... I have 12 GT Prem Vert Shaker 500. I prefer not to put the sub in the trunk, need the space for golf clubs, luggage for trips, etc. I am not looking for a boomer, just more high quality bass to go with what I have so far.

So, has anyone put a sub under the passenger dash/glove box, or anywhere else in the car? To date I have Focal (IC 570) speakers installed (front and rear), 5 channel amp (Alpine MRX-V60), signal processor (Audio Control LC6i). We ave each speaker on a channel and putting the two stock subs on the 5th channel until we can get sub into the mix. Any other comments suggestions, etc. I am willing to replace the stock subs, but I would like to keep the stock cover, so as I understand it eliminates the Shelby Kickers. Thanks. Reveiw coming when finished, but so far really liking the sound, so much better, clearer at all levels, including when the top is down. Thanks.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome