Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - I'm thinking the Borla S-Types are too loud :(
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2012 Thread Starter
Seventh
PONY Member

I'm thinking the Borla S-Types are too loud :(

Hey guys. I got the Borla S-Type catbacks and they sound phenomenal. Tone-wise they sound amazing. But they're pretty damn loud... louder than I was expecting.

Driving around town I hear my car just thunderously echoing off of buildings along the street, especially when driving down city blocks. I feel like I'm that ********* that has a super loud car just to deafen people and annoy them, but that was never my goal. I wanted the sound of the engine to sound better... more gurgly and muscle car-ish than stock, but not ridiculously loud.

Does anyone feel the same? Also I'm wondering if there would be a similar exhaust (i.e. better tone than stock) that would be quieter. I really love the S-Types but I also like to step on it, and when I do, even slightly, it gets really loud really fast.

2012 Mustang GT Premium (Manual), Sterling Gray, Brembo Package, 3.73 gears, Electronics Package, Comfort Package, HIDs, backup camera, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport springs, Steeda HD mounts, UMI panhard bar, Borla S-Type catbacks, MGW shifter, Driveshaft Shop carbon fiber driveshaft, RTR wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Roush front fascia, DG Custom hidden fog billet grille, Roush lower billet grille, Roush front and side splitters, DG Custom quarter window louvers, GT500 rear diffuser

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome