View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2012
dafreeze
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryonl View Post
...or is it simply operator error on my part?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
...Double tap the traction control button to put the stability control in sport mode, or hold the button down (while stopped and brake applied) to disable both systems...

Either of these will disable skip-shift.
I don't think Advanced Track or Traction Control have anything to do with the skip shift solenoid.

If your issues is the skipshift, running the rpm up higher before shifting will inhibit it's enabling. As posted, there are a couple options to disable it. Unplug or tune.

Mine wasn't tuned out for ~ the first 4 months and over 12K miles that I owned the car (had to wait for CARB approval on the 2012 ProCal), and I only had skipshift engage once, the first morning after I received the car.

If it's a driver issue as you ask, I'd suggest you read this, paying particular attention to post # 15.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ng-shifts.html

2012 GT Prem Cp, Kona w/MT-82, 401A, 3.73's & HID/Sec. GT-500 Spoiler & OE sidescoops. FR Pwr Upgrd & FR3 Adj Hndl Packs. MaxMoto CC plates. BMR Adj Panhard. 255/45 and 285/40-18 Conti DW's on silver Forgestar CF5's.Tint, clear bra, CDC Dead Pedal, JLT Oil Separator and Black in Back.

Ordered 3/18/11. Built 5/4. ETA 5/22. Arrived 5/24.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome