Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2011 Mustang GT blue California edition.
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2012 Thread Starter
5LITER_MUENSTER
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledpeaz View Post
Congratulations! and Welcome! Post up some pics when you can.

Thank you whirledpeaz. I will post some pics tonight, but I figured you guys already probably seen tons of grabber blue california edition 5.0 LOL.

Quick question, the oil life monitoring system in my car say I am at 7%!! Look like the car was traded in about 2 month ago and was just sitting so I'm not sure if the oil could be contaminated or not. My dealer lights were out yesterday so I couldn't get any free service that day. I usually do oil changes myself on all cars I own. It feel better that way, but is 100F again outside and I'm not going to kill myself just to go under my car to do my own oil change. On my camaro I didn't let get pass 4k miles which put me right around 50% oil life status. I don't know how you guys do things here but am I ok with 7%?? Do you guys wait until it actually hit zero?

Also, do you change your own or do you take it to a dealer?

Thanks guys. Been on the car scene for over 15 years and I feel like a little kid again LOL.

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome