Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2011 Mustang GT blue California edition.
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2012 Thread Starter
5LITER_MUENSTER
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night-Mare View Post
Congrats on the new purchase! I love the Cali's and you picked one of the best colors IMO (Black and GB) but im biased. I would say the lag you are experiencing is a combo of both undergearing and the automatic. My wife has the auto (v6 granted) but the auto is stock tune is far too smooth. It is much faster than it feels though, it's deceptively smooth. Throw some gears in and a tune if youre not concerned with warranty and she will be singing a different tune. Also don't forget to check out gtcsregistry.com, and you can order your limited production certificate from fordshowparts.com.

Welcome aboard!
Thank you nightmare for the info. I would never have known. I am concerned about my previous question tho. Do you think I am ok with my oil life system showing 7%?? I have no idea when you guys change your oil but I used to change mine once it reach 50% in my camaro and that would put me around 4k miles. I always do my own oil change but it's 100F+ right now and is sunday so I'm sure most ford dealers are closed.

I think the main reason for the laggy feel is due to being so used to my 3.91 manual camaro LOL. My new girl definitely goes when she goes tho. It almost feel like a boost or vtec kicking in all of a sudden. I def have to get used to driving an auto again LOL.

Thanks night mare!

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome