Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2011-2013 - Radio Swap (Possible NAV) - Retaining SYNC
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2012
cdog1157
PONY Member

I'm still waiting on my 13 to arrive but I'm also getting a base and already have a touchscreen HU and 2 sets of 6x8's ready for when it gets here. You'll have to get a dash kit in order to install a new HU and there's only 3 options that I can find (see pics) and they are between $250-350. The Metra units have harnesses (sold seperately) that allow you to retain the Sync functions and the touchscreen dash kit from Metra lets you control Sync through it. There's also a harness to retain your steering wheel controls and you'll need an antenna adaptor too. If you search Metra on eBay there's a guy that sells the touchscreen Metra unit with the harness and antenna adaptor a little cheaper than if you bought them all seperately or from a store. There's also several videos on youtube with demos of the Metra touchscreen kit and it looks pretty cool. The screen is a little small but I think it looks better than the other options. There's also a kit that allows you to hook up satellite radio but you have to run the antenna from outside the car to the radio so it's a little more trouble to install. I'm just gonna use bluetooth through the radio and the SiriusSM app on my Iphone for that (I have unlimited data). It's kinda pricey to change all that out but it'll sound much better than the stock radio.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	metra.jpg
Views:	9957
Size:	982.8 KB
ID:	159376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scoshe.JPG
Views:	3878
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	159378  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Metra 2.bmp (469.8 KB, 4204 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome