Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2011-2013 - Radio Swap (Possible NAV) - Retaining SYNC
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2012 Thread Starter
doofoo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd M View Post
I picked up my 2013 a couple weeks ago. I didn't figure it would be this difficult to replace the stock unit. I wasn't going to pay several thousand for the premium level just to get the upgraded Shaker. Ford really isn't being user friendly not allowing a stereo upgrade by itself. I've been in touch with Scosche and though their replacement is interesting, you still have to supply the aftermarket HU. Granted, it's great for changes down the road but you no longer can use Sync. Now I'm not really enamored with Sync just yet so I may go to them and maybe use the bluetooth or sirius on an aftermarket unit. I also looked into adding my Alpine sub and amp from my previous car and it's possible but the stock radio doesn't have any subwoofer controls so have to leave it all on the amp itself.

Also, just curious, has anyone removed the rear deck speakers? Do you have to remove the rear deck to replace them or is there another way? I am hoping there is another way outside of removing the rear deck because to me, after disturbing that, things just don't seem to go back the same.
Todd,

You can keep SYNC with some head units and the Metra kit. There is a module that keeps it. I'm just waiting for a better integrated NAV unit. I know people say the stock unit sucks, but I would be willing to pay MORE to get the stock NAV Unit because of the appearance. I don't need all the speakers, I can upgrade to aftermarket when it comes to that.. I just like the stock nav unit but like you did not want to upgrade to Premium and get leather, etc just to get NAV and Satellite Radio.

There has to be some possibilities here..

2013 Mustang GT Base (Black, 301A, Track Package & Recaros) Barton SS/Bracket, GT500 Mufflers Coming Soon: Steeda Sport Springs - 2010 VW Tiguan SE (4Motion, APR Chip) - 1995 BMW M3

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome