Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2011-2013 - Radio Swap (Possible NAV) - Retaining SYNC
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2012
Bizzaro
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd M View Post

Also, just curious, has anyone removed the rear deck speakers? Do you have to remove the rear deck to replace them or is there another way? I am hoping there is another way outside of removing the rear deck because to me, after disturbing that, things just don't seem to go back the same.
I replaced the rears on a 2013 with Infinity 6x8s. I have a premium, but the rears are the same size as a base. They are still dual cones on the 2013 premium, by the way. Removing them isn't too bad. Look on YouTube for mustang rear speaker removal. There is a video for 05-09 rear speaker replacement. It will guide you through it. Only real difference on the 13 is the rears aren't held in by torx screws anymore. Hex bolts only now. Makes it easy to remove them with a ratchet.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

2013 GT Premium. Deep Impact Blue / Charcoal 400A Recaro / Track Pack / Nav / Glass Roof / Reverse sensing / Backup Camera
VIN: 10 March 2012 / Window Sticker: 28 March 2012 / Build Date: 2 April 2012 / Picked Up: 19 April 2012
Mods: MSVTLA SVT Sport Axlebacks / MGW Shifter / JHR Clutch Line / Boss Shift Knob / GT500 Shift Boot / Better Speakers / Lots of Dynamat and Dynaliner / Rear: Koni Yellows, 55D Springs, BMR Panhard Bar / Front: Awaiting Spousal Approval

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome