Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Installed DVD/NAV Using New Metra Kit
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2012 Thread Starter
GoBlue
Rookie

Installed DVD/NAV Using New Metra Kit

I installed a Clarion VX401 with the add on NP401 nav unit today. I used the new metra kit (99-5826ch). I also installed four Polk Audio DB571. Install was pretty easy. I mounted the nav unit in the trunk under the package tray and routed the cable under the rear seat/carpet/center console. Because of that I just went ahead and ripped out almost the entire interior and used it as a good time to vacuum/shampoo the carpet. The GPS antenna was mounted inside the car on top of the package tray so that I didnt have to drill a hole and have a magnate just sitting on the paint.

The jury is still out on the new metra kit. I think it looks clean and simple. The interface is easy to use, but washes out almost completely in sunlight.

The DVD/NAV is pretty nice. Easy to use and looks clean. The maps are accurate and actually yelled at me when I was speeding. That feature was turned off quickly. I have only made one BT call so far and the distant end said it sound like I was in a tunnel. This could possibly be do to the fact that the rear seat wasnt installed yet.

The DB571 sound good but lack low end bass. But that is to be expected. I might need to add a sub to even things out.

Pics Stereo Install - Imgur

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome