Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Installed DVD/NAV Using New Metra Kit
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2012
cdog1157
PONY Member

I do think that looks better than the Metra. Does your stock LED screen not show temp or direction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaBlueKiller View Post
Im sorry... But to me the Scosche kit looks way better. Got mine for 249$ off Amazon and bolted right up. Literally took 5 minutes after I did the wiring harness for the screen. Which is a Pioneer AVH-P4400 with everything but nav i got for 399. Came with microphone for bluetooth and i got an Ipod cord for 49$ that does audio and video. My high end is ran off of a 1000x4 dbdrive amp and its the highest grade Kicker 6x8s they make, lows are a 750rmsx1 Kicker amp on a Solobaric L7 12 inch sub... Sounds amazing. Also the Scosche A/C control doesnt get washed out at all by sunlight. This picture says different but its always very bright and readable. It also dims down when you turn on your headlights and you can set each brightness to your liking. On another note, for an aftermarket radio, if you want to have the radio come on with the car on accessory like stock... Run your accessory wire from your head unit to the fuse box to the ACCESSORY DELAY fuse and use one of those add a wire fuses or just smash it in there on the fused side of the fuse. Even my stereo shop was saying there was no way to make the stereo work on accessory and id i have to live with it only coming on with the ON position. Proved them wrong

Going to get the box rebuilt for more user friendly trunk space. Or possibly get 2 10s.. I only used this sub and amp combo because i got them for 240$ and they are 479 for speaker and like 450 for amp brand new...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome