Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Installed DVD/NAV Using New Metra Kit
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2012
doofoo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaBlueKiller View Post
Front and rear are 6x8 kickers, don't remember the model number but it's the best 6x8 they make, and they are ran off off of a 1000 Watt 4 channel DBdrive amp mounted to the back of my rear passenger seat. The solobaric L7 12 is ran off of a 1500 Watt peak 1 channel kicker amp on the back of the rear driver seat. I originally had this setup ran off of the stock radio and didn't want to worry with low wattage from the factory radio. I later added the pioneer head unit. Front speakers are an easy swap and less than an hour if you know how to pull off the door panels. Rear is a little harder.

And yes it sounds amazing and you can play it way louder than You'll ever want to with no distortion. That solobaric really turns the car into a rattlebox though which Sucks.
Thanks for the reply! So with the stock radio, you had the speakers installed w/ an aftermarket AMP? How did you have to wire it in since the stock radio has no pre-amp outs?

Trying to figure out if I can just get aftermarket speakers without an amp, at least until I figure out what type of radio I want since stock nav isn't happening.

2013 Mustang GT Base (Black, 301A, Track Package & Recaros) Barton SS/Bracket, GT500 Mufflers Coming Soon: Steeda Sport Springs - 2010 VW Tiguan SE (4Motion, APR Chip) - 1995 BMW M3

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome