Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Installed DVD/NAV Using New Metra Kit
View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2012
saunupe1911
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofoo View Post
It actually still isn't shipping (Pre-Order - Ship Date Unknown) for the dash kit that will fit the Alpine unit.

My question is this specific to my car (13 GT Base w/ SYNC (301A Package)):

I do not have Satellite Radio stock, so if I purchased the Alpine and Perfect Fit kit, can I add the sirius as well? Do I just purchase one of the Sirius kits for Alpine and throw the sat antenna on the rear deck under the carpet or something?

Also - Will it retain all factory features (SYNC) - Phone, Sync Directions, Factory Microphone (I hate the aftermarket ones and placement, etc). How does the bluetooth on the Alpine integrate with the Sync and system already there?
Get on YouTube search "metra mustang." You will find the new metra touchscreen kit and the guy will explain all of the wiring so you can retain factory sync, bluetooth, etc..

I'm assuming the harnesses the guy points out can be used in almost all aftermarket kits.

2012 Mustang 5.0, Auto, HID headlamps, comfort/security pkg, Front LCA's, Saleen Grill, GT500 rear valence, GT500 mud guards, GT500 mounts, GT500 AB, Eibach Pro/Koni STR.T, BMR Adj. Panhard, JLT Oil Seperator, Lloyds 5.0 Mats/Trunk Mats, StopTech ST40, 245/40/20 (F), 275/35/20 (R), Stock Dyno = 373.9 RWHP / 341.2 TQ, Build Date 06/11

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome