Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Any experience with Granatelli Axle-back exhaust?
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2012
ptgt
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangChris810 View Post
Alright guys! This is what I sent to them... I was kind of tired when I typed the email, but it's pretty straight forward....

Question from MustangChris810:

Hello. I am inquiring about a new exhaust system you have for the 2011 and up Ford Mustang GT 5.0. Granatelli part number GM-ES2525. I can't find much if any feedback on youtube or on the forums. The exhaust sounds great from your sound clip, but my main concern is if this exhaust produces "cockpit Drone" or "cockpit boom" at cruising speeds??? People online are starting to show much interest in this exhaust. Myself included. Thanks. Your sound clip is nice, but it's not a clip going down the road @ 75MPH in 6th gear. That's the sound I want to hear! Maybe you could put me in touch with someone a little more familiar with the engineering of this exhaust system? Thanks! -Chris

Reply #1 From Joey Granatelli @ Granatelli Motor Sports

I am the lead engineer on this system. It has NO DROME or BOOM effect while going down the road. A ton of time when into this. We make it - its not a simple rebrand from any old muffler company. J You will be happy. I can do a sound clip then next time we have a car come in. We also have a money back guarantee so if your not happy send them back – perhaps you can do a sound clip when you buys one – that would be great

Reply #2 from Nick Sorensen @ Grantelli Motor Sports

Thanks for your interest in our Granatelli exhaust system for the 2011+ Mustang platform. I am pleased to tell you that we have had no reports or firsthand experience with any “drone” or “boom” with this system. One of our local customers, a serviceman, has this system install on his Coyote powered Mustang for about 9 months and he hasn’t reported anything negative about the kit. If you watch our YouTube channel his vehicle is featured in a couple videos. His black mustang is in the “axle back” video and does some dyno pulls in our “Coyote coils” video. I hope this information helps, if you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to call or email me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there you have it. I don't think it's a cooincidence that Joey's last name is Granatelli so that makes me feel pretty good about his response.

So, well... I'm deployed. I can't try these out at the moment or else I would for $389. Who's going to be the test mule for AFM.COM???
Whaaaa? Money back if we don't like them?

2013 Black GT/CS. Electronics pkg. Comfort, 3.73. CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna. JLT Oil Separator. 20% rear 50% front tint. Clearbra. Flip Down License Plate Holder.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome