View Single Post
post #49 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2012
spaz2203
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicketybam View Post
I am having a hard time figuring out when AdvanceTrac intercedes and when it doesn't. I have had my car for over a week now and have 800 miles on it. Once I got past 500, I have been driving it harder and harder. I have chirped 2nd, 3rd, and 4th several times. I have had the rear slide on me a few times as well. All of this was with AdvanceTrac on.

A few days ago I was in a tight turn and something caught my eye. It was the tc light blinking rapidly. As I exited the turn, it was off. I never felt the system compensate for loss of traction tough. It's not like the wheels were screeching. Maybe it was minimal input on the systems part.

Then 2 days ago, I was coming off a light on a clear road. I wanted to air it out, but on my shift from 1st to 2nd, the car completely bogged and the TC light was on. It was a fast an aggressive shift, but I have done it in the past and never had AvdavceTrac kick in like that. It was a bit disturbing. If someone was following me and trying to keep up, they would have ended up in my back seat.

Since that 2nd incident, I have been disabling TC by pressing the button once. After reading the manual last night, I see that you can enter Sport mode by pressing it twice while stopped and your foot on the brake. I am going to try that setting for a while and see if I get any intrusive inputs from the AdvanceTrac system. It's nice ti have a safeguard, but in regular mode it is too Jekyll and Hyde for me.

Does anyone else drive in Sport mode for the majority of their time? Has anyone else had the regular AdvanceTrac bog them on a redline shift from 1-2?

BTW, I have a GT with the track pack (3.73 gears).
i drive my v6 PP in sportmode or traction/advancetrac turned all the way off. I hate havin a computer intervene on my driving for exactly this reason, i wish there was a way to keep it off and not have to do it everytime i get in the car

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome