Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Replacement speakers for 2013 Shaker 500?
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2012
geocurt
Rookie

I don't know jack about cars or audio so I've read as much as I can, including this thread, to prepare to replace my front door speakers.

I ordered Polk db571's plus the metra 72-5600 harnesses and the 2010 door speaker spacers. Then I started to look around for documentation - and I can't find any. I even went to helminc.com to subscribe to the service manual - and it hasn't been produced for the 2013 yet.

Called the dealer and they said just pop the chrome trim off the speaker area on the door panel and you can replace it that way - I'm skeptical. Called Ford and the guy there said the schematic shows that you have to remove the door panel.

I've never done this before and don't want to break anything - can anyone point me towards some documentation?

Thanks!

EDIT:Just saw the sticky post with the great diagrams from the service manual - oops! Probably can use this info even if the 2013 is slightly different.

Thanks for the great info and wish me luck!

2013 Mustang V6 3.7L Convertible Sterling Grey
Mustang Club of America Package
K&N Cold Air Intake
SCT iTSX Bama tune coming soon!!!

Last edited by geocurt; 09-06-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Found the info in a sticky

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome